3/10/2010

Glossy

I like the design of the cover of this booklet, an advertisement touting the charms of our town.  I was stumped for a while about the colander, but then I got the restaurant connection.  Duh!

  Mainly, I like it because it looks like a Little Golden Book.  It's a hook.

Mainly I'm posting about it because it actually was useful for something- it included an ad for something called the Launch Music Conference which will be held here in April.  Any time there will be 178 bands performing in your town over the course of 2.5 days you ought to know about it.  And be prepared to duck!

No, I'm just kidding- it looks like a lot of fun.  I scanned the performer listing.  I see the Sketties are playing, opening the late show at the Chameleon on Saturday, which will be a blast for them.  My fave band name, even beating out Up Pops the Devil, is Boregasm.

I can still get a booth for the main hall- any 999 other folks who want to contribute a dollar each, I'll volunteer to go as "Everyone Else Who Couldn't Make It Themselves" or something.

No comments: